Cardiovascular disease is one of the top killers in the world. The World Health Organization estimates that 17.5 million people died from Cardiovascular Disease in 2012. That represents 31 per cent of all global deaths for that year. It is the number one cause of death, more people die each year from CVD than any other cause. What if we can use technology to help improve cardiovascular health? That is exactly what George Clinical is doing with their latest application called TEXTCARE, developed after years of research on this ever-important subject.
Problems related to the digestive tract are some of the most common health threats all around the world. There are a large number of stomach problems which could have varying causes and are dealt with in different ways. However, what people refer to as “stomach diseases” could actually involve anything with abdominal pain and indigestion such as conditions like chronic pancreatitis. The term is used broadly and may cover several medical conditions, which is why you should first understand what stomach is.
Understanding the Stomach
Stomach is a sac like organ found in the upper abdominal cavity and is the central part of the digestive system. The stomach is connected to the esophagus or the food canal which is a tube like structure that takes the swallowed food inside the stomach. The stomach stores the food for a while and digests it before it is fit to pass it on to the small intestine. The opening into which stomach passes on the food is called duodenum. The gastric juices inside the stomach also contain 0.1% Hydrochloric acid for dissolving the food in a better way. The stomach is primarily concerned with the digestion of protein and its absorption.
Types of Stomach Diseases
You must understand the difference between abdominal pain and a problem that really pertains to your stomach. The following are the types of stomach problems.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Also commonly known as Acid Reflux Disease or Heartburn, occurs when stomach acid jumps into the esophagus.
Source by : wikimedia
Like women, men experience bladder weakness due to a number of different factors. The most common reason for bladder weakness in men is a prostate disorder. Prostate problems are the main culprits behind bladder weakness in men. It becomes enlarged as men get older, and this state is known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) which causes bladder disorders in men over the age of 40.
Bladder infection symptoms are similar those of an overactive bladder including increased frequency and urgency to pee. The prostate can lead to declined urine flow in men as the urethra gets shut due to the enlarged prostate that ends up covering the urethra.
There are different types of bladder weakness men can experience including:
- Urge incontinence – An abrupt pressure to pass urine, which occurs when the brain gets the message that the bladder needs to be emptied (even if it’s not full). This makes the bladder muscle to contract too early and causes an unwanted flow of urine.
- Nocturia – This is a disorder where men wake up to pee frequently at night. Although it is a symptom of normal ageing process, in some cases it may be due to an enlarged prostate gland.
- Overflow – When the bladder does not empty fully, it leads to a build-up of urine, which comes out as if it was overflowing.
- After-dribble – It is a little leak of urine after urination. It happens due to the accumulation of urine in the urethra.
- Stress incontinence – It is a small leak of urine that occurs when coughing, sneezing or lifting something heavy. It is usually found in men who have had prostate surgery.
Symptoms of bladder weakness caused by BPH can include:
- Difficulty to urinate.
- A feeble flow of urine, which can result in having to push or strain.
- A frequent need to pee, especially at night.
- An abrupt urge to pee, which causes a leak.
- A tendency to not completely empty the bladder.
- Pain while urinating.
- Traces of blood in the urine.
BPH should be checked by a doctor to know the extent of the condition. If the symptoms are mild to moderate, the condition is treated with a few lifestyle changes and through bladder training. In case the symptoms are moderate to severe, medication will be prescribed.
Tips for reducing bladder weakness in men
- Avoid constipation
- Eat healthy and exercise daily to prevent excess weight gain.
- Quit Smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Avoid drinking any liquids for one to two hours before going to bed in order to reduce bathroom visits at night.
- Drink sufficient fluids to restore normal bladder functioning.
- Limit the intake of caffeine-containing drinks such as tea, coffee and cola.
The Promise of Change
The history of the workplace is anything but stellar. From squalid conditions to industry being fueled by corporate greed, it almost seemed impossible that workplace safety would ever improve. Even still, there was a light in the darkness. For as many evils as there existed in the world, there were just as many goods, helping lead the way toward a brighter work world, where workplace accidents are prevented.
Allergies are caused greatly due to the consumption of the wrong kind of medicines. One should always be sure of the medicines one is using. Using cheap duplicates puts you to the risk of allergies and unforeseen diseases. Allergies are mainly caused due to the response of the body when it detects risk causing substances being taken in. Medicines if not authentic are bound to cause allergic reactions in the body. When a substance that is taken in is recognized as a foreign substance the immune system prepares the antibodies to fight. Drug related allergies can easily be recognized due to their evident symptoms.
Source by : flickr
With climatic variations, you are likely to develop certain allergic tendencies. Warm temperatures of spring together with the higher carbon-di oxide content; creates conditions rife for allergies. That’s because higher content of CO2 accentuates the intensity of allergy causing pollen. Some of you may be more prone to allergies than others. With change from one season to that of the other; your immune tends to become hypersensitive to the change in scenario.
Source by : flickr